Monday, October 22, 2007

If I had a million dollars so I could support Ron Paul...What I would do

Here I am going to describe my vision of how my life would be if I had a million dollars with which I would want to support Ron Paul and the freedom movement. By imagining this and writing about it as if it were happening, I believe that I become like a magnet, and attract what I need to help all this come about. I pray that all of this would be adjusted according to God's will. It is two months in the future.

Wow! Someone decided to give me a million dollars because they thought that I was worth it! They read my blog and got excited about my vision. They looked at my myspace
and saw my vision for the Community Gathering and caught the dream! They also checked out my other myspace website which I dedicated to supporting Ron Paul and our freedom movement, and saw the urgency of electing Ron Paul for president. They talked to folks who believe in me and see my potential--people who have seen what I can do when I have time and support. I am so excited--I want to share with you what I did with the money.

First I had a silent retreat for 4 days where I wrote and prayed and relaxed and did emotional release and studied scriptures and researched. I also fasted on juice and got wonderful exercise walking and doing yoga. This was much needed. I knew that I was about to make some very important decisions, and I really wanted to spend this money wisely. The retreat really rejuvenated me and helped me to get clarity.

I hired someone to assist me in organizing the Livable Future Project into an organization which is really effective. I found someone who shared common values and who complemented my skills. She is a passionate supporter of Ron Paul, and sees the importance of creating a Ron Paul freedom movement that supports him when he is elected, and now. She also shares my passion to help neighborhoods become thriving, self-reliant communities through hosting Community Gatherings and training Community Organizers. Together we are figuring out how to do both together seamlessly.

Since the Livable Future Project is directly supporting Ron Paul for President, as well as the Freedom Movement we are all a part of--I chose not to have non-profit status. Besides, pretty soon we won't even have income tax and non-profits will be extinct! We worked on getting a structure so that this organization could grow. A fantastic website was created. An advisory board of such people as Open Space Technology facilitator, Time Banks representative, head of the Einstein Institute for Non-Violence, a teacher of Non-violent Communication and a number of wise Ron Paul Supporters were among the people we invited to be on the board.

We hired a staff of people so that everything could go smoothly--a web master, an accountant, an administrative assistant, a graphics design person, a writer, a trainer, and a person who knows how to help us all work together harmoniously. We figured that with a dynamite staff, we could grow quickly and soon be self supporting. It took a lot of time to find the right people--but I am so happy to be working with a team of people who can take the time to do all the things I envision. Our website is extensive and interactive, and really creates a frame work where people can be collaborating. The website even connects all the meetups, and all the websites and helps match up people in various cities.

Our first project was a fantastic success. We held a Ron Paul Freedom Movement conference in NW Arkansas. We used a combination of whole system methodologies, including Future Search and Open Space in order to create a plan of action that everyone participating could agree on in order to help elect Ron Paul and promote the Ron Paul Freedom Movement. Because of our effective outreach and publicity, we were able to get 500 people from all over the country to come together for 3 days to work together to create both a fluid structure for the Freedom Movement and a strategy to help get Ron Paul elected.

One of the things we all agreed on is that we need to find ways to support people in every community to work full time to support Ron Paul, and Livable Future Project will lead the way in finding funding and training for effective Ron Paul Freedom Movement Organizers. Also, we need many ways to stay connected online and off line, and we now have a whole group of people who will be focusing on communication--helping everyone to easily stay in touch with everything that is happening without being on information overload! And of course included in our work was figuring out how to creatively raise money for the Ron Paul campaign, and get the necessary publicity that he needs to get the messages out to the masses.

Using these whole system approaches where people had the freedom to follow their passion and find others to collaborate with while combining efforts with the whole group was fabulous--everything I ever dreamed it would be.

Some of the other ideas that came out of the conference, and which are now being actively worked on are:

Time Banks in every meetup (that wants it) so that people can support each other in ways above and beyond the campaign, thereby freeing people up to have more time to work on the campaign.

Helping people to have their own custom tailored literature to hand out to their friends and neighbors.

Getting a video training program that was super easy to use to help people learn how to engage their precincts.

Having a full length Hollywood type movie about Ron Paul's life and the freedom movement he is leading.

Having books about Ron Paul and the Freedom movement which will make the New York Times Best Seller list.

Finding, and paying, coordinators for every group imaginable to unite in their support of Ron Paul and the Freedom Movement, like homeschoolers, military, sports fans, runners, single mom's, single dads, Blacks, Hispanics, Immigrants, Welfare Recipents,
Anti-war activists, GLBT community, and more.

Hiring someone to focus on finding big names to support Ron Paul such as sports stars, movie stars, rock stars, royalty, and even religious figures (like the Dalai Lama).

We even started a business that will hire many local people so they can have kits for promoting Ron Paul one on one, or in group presentations.

Well, it is all so inspiring. Now that we have this conference under our belt, we are planning another one which is focused on the question, "How can we help our neighborhoods become thriving, self-reliant Communities." People will know that Livable Future Project supports Ron Paul, and because we have such a great reputation, our credibility will inspire them to look into Ron Paul. Of course lots of Ron Paul Freedom Movement supporters will come and interact. Part of the answer to the question asked will be to elect Ron Paul, of course! I look forward to seeing the outcome of this conference.

Well, I am so happy that I got that million dollars. I am also being more balanced in my life--spending more time with my family and friends, exercising, taking care of myself. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I hired someone to prepare raw food for the whole staff. I was able to hire someone to help my husband work on our eco-village. That will be a place where Ron Paul Freedom Movement supporters can come and live in the near future so that we can live in community and work on these worthwhile projects full time.

Well, I've got to go now. I need to prepare for our nationwide tour where I get to lead the Up With Freedom band. It is kind of like the Up With People show that I heard used to be so popular. My son and daughter and some other great musicians are in the band, and we already did one great show where people sang along and learned about how much we need a man like Ron Paul to help us regain our freedom, as well as ways we can reclaim our freedom now. We also had lots of community groups share information about the good things happening in their town. We recruited many people to support the Ron Paul Freedom movement, and get community gatherings going in their town.

Thanks for listening to my celebration of what I did with the million dollars--and I am so happy to say that because of all the wonderful things we are doing, people have donated another million! We are well on our way to being able to have a paid Ron Paul Freedom Movement coordinator in every town, and that brings us even closer to having Ron Paul being elected as president!

No comments: