Sunday, November 11, 2007

Inspiring moments at the Rock for RP and Freedom concert

I just can't stop thinking about how meaningful and miraculous our concert was. I want to share a bit more in depth.

First of all, David, the Students for Ron Paul organizer, did a wonderful job of creating a schedule. I volunteered to help keep everything run smoothly. I thought I could be the MC at the same time, but it became apparent to me that a student was more appropriate, and that I couldn't do this job by myself.

I met Adam only once or twice at a meetup. But everytime I would go to church, I would see him there, and we always talked Ron Paul afterwards. I found it inspiring and fun to share with him all the successes of the previous week, and he was always receptive. On the morning of the concert, I thought, "Adam is going to be at the concert from 10am. He is a television talk show host on the campus television show. He can be the master of ceremonies!"

It was absolutely amazing that he was totally okay with doing things at the last minute and on the fly. We worked together so well, and I just kept thanking God and Adam for the blessing of having a partner in this. Everything flowed smoothly, and people seemed very happy with the event.

The Family Dogs were a huge blessing also. John, a member of the Students for Ron Paul, a registered student organization at U of A, inspired his older brother to let us use their sound equipment. They are an established band and really going places--although two of their members are soon to have babies, which will slow them down. John's brother (I forgot his name) was totally there for us in being willing to help and be of service. The whole band is comprised of Ron Paul supporters, and their father was there as well--also an RP supporter.

I just think it is wonderful that David never seemed to get nervous about the fact that one of the key ingredients--a large enough sound system to power the Greek Theatre--was missing until Wednesday before the concert. I think he knew something would come up--and it would be good enough. What we had was just right. I see that a lot in our group--we aren't trying to do things perfectly--we just do our best, and see the positive.

It was a miracle that my daughter made it on time. My husband was feeling sick and got a very late start--he thought I told him the performance was at 3:15 instead of 2:15--but he was there just in time.

I got to know some meetup members better that I hadn't known, including students. Each connection and conversation was very rewarding.

Well, there's lots more to share, but I just have to go and take care of other commitments.

No comments: